As a Ugandan, is There an Easier Way I Can Get a USA Visa?
There are two major steps to applying for a US visa. First, you need to fill the visa application form (DS-160), pay the fees and get an appointment for the visa interview. Second, you need to arrive on time for the interview at the US embassy. The documents required for a US visa include a valid passport, DS-160 US Visa form, photographs (as per specification), payment receipt and print out of the appointment letter for the interview. You can apply for your visa at this website.
Eligibility Criteria for US Visa
- You need to have a valid passport.
- You need to fill the DS-160 visa application form and pass your interview and medical examination.
- You need to provide proof of sufficient funds to support your travel and stay in the US.
- You must be traveling in good health.
- You must be of good character, i.e., you should not have any criminal record.
- You must provide a document that proves your intention to come back to your home country, once your visa expires.
The easier way of getting a US visa for Ugandan citizens could include applying for the Diversity lottery, trying to get a job at the US embassy or seeking a job from a US-based employer and requesting them to transfer you to the main branch in America.
It will also be easier for you to get a US visa if you publish some papers, conduct research, work as an artist in a reputed organization or work in the media. It is recommended to be sincere and honest in your visa interview, regardless of the reason for travel.