Sample Employment Letter for US Visa
About 15.8 million international tourists visited the United States in 2017 alone, says an article on Immigration World. However, this actually represents a considerable decline in international tourism to America, a trend that continued in 2018. But, if you are planning to spend your summer traveling overseas, the US can offer a lot to see and experience.
Applying for a US visitor visa is a simple and hassle-free process. You can fill the visa application form online and schedule your visa interview at the US embassy. I am often asked questions about the eligibility criteria and documents required for the B1/B2 visa type. And one document that many people are confused about is whether you require an employment letter to get a visitor visa. The simple answer to this question is No. You only need an employment letter if you are applying for an H1B visa, which is the visa that allows you to work in the United States.
Documents Required for Visitor Visa
The B1/B2 visa is a non-immigrant temporary visa, issued to people who wish to visit the US for a holiday, to visit relatives, attend business meetings or conferences, or for medical treatment purposes. The documents required when you apply for a visitor visa include:
- Current passport and copies of all older passports.
- One passport size photograph.
- Confirmation page of Form DS-160, with a stamp from the Visa Application Centre.
- Payment receipt of the visa fee.
- Copy of visa interview appointment letter.
You also need to supporting documents, such as:
- Financial documents to prove that you can fund your stay and travel in the US.
- A letter showing that you intend to return to your homeland after you visa expires.
- Character certificate from the police, showing that you have a clean record.
- Medical certificate from an authorized doctor showing that you are fit to travel to the US.
|Atlas America 100% Coverage, Comprehensive plan|
|Safe Travels USA 100% Coverage, Comprehensive plan|
|Patriot America Plus 100% Coverage, Comprehensive plan|
The H1B visa is a kind of employment-based, non-immigrant visa for temporary employees. In order to get this visa, a US-based company must first offer your employment in the US and then file an H1B visa petition with the US Immigration Department. Once your petition is approved, you will be issued a work permit and visa.
There are some basic criteria that you need to fulfil before you can apply for an H1B visa. This visa is issued for specialized occupations and, therefore, requires you to submit appropriate academic and practical skills certifications. The visa holder must have at least a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training for the job for which they need the visa. For more details about the H1B visa for US, you can check this website.
Requirements for an H1B Visa
In order to apply for an H1B visa, the applicant must have:
- A valid passport
- A Labor Approval Certificate
- Appointment letter from the employer
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent.
- Passport size photographs
- Financial documents, such as bank statements, salary slips, tax return forms, etc.
- Experience certificate and relieving letter from the previous company.
Sample Employment Letter for H1B Visa
To Whomsoever It May Concern:
This is to certify that Mr. [Employee’s Name] is an employee at [Company’s Name] and he/she is working as a [Designation] since [Date of joining]. His/Her current salary is [salary in numeric] (salary in words) per annum.
If you have any queries regarding Mr. [Employee’s Name], you can contact our office at [Office Phone Number].
Sincerely,[Signature of the Employer][Designation of Employer]