Visit USA

How to Visit Mexico with US Visa

If you are planning to visit Mexico, you need to have a valid passport and visa. However, if you do have a valid visa for countries like the USA, Canada, Japan, and the UK, or if you have a valid Schengen visa, do not require a separate visa for up to 180 days of stay in Mexico.

As far as the passport is concerned, it should be valid for at least 6 months beyond the time of your arrival in Mexico. You can travel to Mexico with a US visa and a valid passport.

It is recommended that you travel with all your old passports too, especially if there is a US on the visa, along with your current passport and visa, for hassle-free entry into Mexico.

If you’re traveling in 2021, I recommend checking out the updated travel rules for USA.

Visiting Mexico with US Visa – Things to Know

  • You will be allowed entry if you are traveling with a valid visa, along with both your old and new passports.
  • You should check if the visa is of the appropriate type. If the nature of your visit is tourism, you should have a visa that falls under this category.
  • The old and new passports should be of your native country and of the same classification. For instance, both should either be ordinary or diplomatic.
  • After reaching the immigration check post, fill in the immigration form, mentioning the number of days you wish to stay in Mexico and the purpose of your visit.
  • The customs officer will examine the passport and visa, and your entry will depend on customs clearance.

If you are visiting the North American continent, it would be a shame to go back home without visiting the colorful and beautiful country of Mexico.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Having lived in 3+ countries, worked for companies small and big in the USA, Middle East & India, I have a lot of experience to share about international travel, immigration and living as an NRI in the US. Add me on WhatsApp if you have any queries (+1-408-489-4785)