Safe Travels USA
Best for Visitors
First Health Network
Rated “A – Excellent”
Full Refund on Cancel
Last Updated on January 28, 2023 by Mani Karthik
If you are planning to visit Mexico, you need to have a valid passport and visa. However, if you do have a valid visa for countries like the USA, Canada, Japan, and the UK, or if you have a valid Schengen visa, do not require a separate visa for up to 180 days of stay in Mexico.
As far as the passport is concerned, it should be valid for at least 6 months beyond the time of your arrival in Mexico. You can travel to Mexico with a US visa and a valid passport.
It is recommended that you travel with all your old passports too, especially if there is a US on the visa, along with your current passport and visa, for hassle-free entry into Mexico.
Visiting Mexico with US Visa – Things to Know
- You will be allowed entry if you are traveling with a valid visa, along with both your old and new passports.
- You should check if the visa is of the appropriate type. If the nature of your visit is tourism, you should have a visa that falls under this category.
- The old and new passports should be of your native country and of the same classification. For instance, both should either be ordinary or diplomatic.
- After reaching the immigration check post, fill in the immigration form, mentioning the number of days you wish to stay in Mexico and the purpose of your visit.
- The customs officer will examine the passport and visa, and your entry will depend on customs clearance.
If you are visiting the North American continent, it would be a shame to go back home without visiting the colorful and beautiful country of Mexico.
If you have any questions, please let me know.