7 Questions to Ask Before Buying Travel Insurance
So, you are ready to buy travel insurance but isn’t sure how to or what questions to ask. Sure, let me help.
Buying travel insurance is truly a personal experience, as each person would have their own requirements. The idea is to buy travel insurance that works for you. You can buy travel insurance from online portals where you can compare plans and benefits, but at the same time, it is important that you know what you are getting. Here are some questions to ask before buying travel insurance.
- Does it cover the entire trip you are planning?
- Does it cover all activities during the trip/trips? (e.g. Skiing)
- Does it cover trip cancellation, including before going? (e.g. due to illness or personal issues)
- Does it insure the amount you need (Ex: $10,000 for the full trip)
- Does it cover cancellation if someone not on the trip (e.g. mother, son) goes ill. Does it need to?
- Are there any optional extra features that you could consider adding?
- Are there any cheaper packages?
Once you ask yourself these questions, you should have a pretty neat idea of what plan works for you. Choose one that covers all your requirements, insures you for the amount you need and doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket.
All the best!
Don’t forget to get insurance
It is recommended that you get travel insurance when traveling to the USA,
as medical expenses (even for common flu) can run into hundreds of dollars!
Here are the best travel insurance plans.
What travel insurance is best for US visitors?
We recommend Atlas America. It’s a top-rated plan with good benefits, coverage, and excellent customer ratings.
Benefits: Excellent rating, More than one PPO Network, After deductible 100% covered, Acute onset of pre-existing conditions covered, Buy online, renew, or cancel anytime. Buy here.