The Coronavirus outbreak has brought widespread concerns among travelers worldwide. Here’s everything you need to know.
In this article…
Out break in Wuhan, China
The virus was first detected in Wuhan, China and is considered the source of the virus. Since then, there have been a dozen deaths related to this virus infection in China.
The Chinese government has advised people from the Wuhan region not to travel and are taking measures to contain the virus. (Source – Al Jazeera)
First case of Coronavirus in USA
The first case of Coronavirus in the USA was detected in Washington in January, this week (21st, 2020). (Source – Washington Post)
The infected man, who is in his 30s and a resident of Snohomish County, Wash., developed symptoms after returning from a trip to the region around Wuhan where the outbreak began.Washington Post
Second case of Coronavirus in USA
The second case of Coronavirus in the USA has been detected in Illinois on January 24th, 2020. (Source – Centers for Disease Control & Prevention)
In the wake of these outbreaks, people traveling to the USA should be cautious and pro-active about protection.
According to NY Times, there are two other possible cases in Texas and Tennessee.
How to protect yourself from Coronavirus during travel
- Wear quality masks that will protect you from infection.
- Try to avoid regions closer to the outbreak in China, during travel.
- If you identify symptoms of fever, alert your nearest Doctor.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds during travel.
- If you see someone coughing or sneezing, try to keep as far away from them as possible, without being annoying or disrespectful.
- Avoid contact with people who have symptoms of cold or fever.
- If you’re traveling to China, stay away from living animals.
(Source – Business Insider)
There is no need to panic, but being alert and cautious protects you a great deal.
Keep yourself updated with travel advisories from Government authorities like the following to get verified information.