How do I get a replacement Social Security Card for my child online

If your child has lost their Social Security Card, replacing it can be a hassle. Fortunately, you can now apply for a replacement card online through the Social Security Administration website.

Here’s how to get your child a new Social Security Card quickly and easily.

Getting a replacement Social Security Card for your child online is a relatively straightforward process.

The first step is to go to the Social Security Administration website at and answer a few questions to determine the best way to apply.

If you are unable to use a personal my Social Security account to request a replacement card, you can still begin the process online and complete it in a local Social Security office or card center.

In order to get a replacement Social Security Card for your child online, you will need to provide evidence of your identity and your relationship to the child.

An acceptable document must show your child’s name, identifying information (i.e., age, date of birth, or parents’ names) and preferably a recent photograph.

Examples of acceptable documents include a driver’s license, state ID card, or U.S. passport. To verify your relationship, the Social Security Administration may require additional documents such as a birth certificate or adoption papers.

Once you have gathered the necessary documents, you can submit your application online. You will receive your Social Security card in the mail within 14 days after your application is completed.

If you have not received your child’s Social Security card after the appropriate length of time, you can contact your local Social Security office or call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778).

Recommended Plan For Your Travel

Safe Travels

Best for Visitors
Economical Plan
COVID19 included
Covers Medical
Pre-Existing Conditions
First Health Network


Atlas America

Rated “A – Excellent”
COVID19 included
Covers Medical
Covers Dental
Trip Cancellation
Full Refund on Cancel

Mani Karthik

About the Author

Mani Karthik

Ex “NRI” and Founder of the “Back to India” movement. I share my experience about immigrating to USA here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *