B1 B2 Visit Visa

Who Can Sponsor A Visit Visa To USA?

Did you know, the United States saw 78 million international tourists in 2018 alone? This is what the figures released by Statista reveal.

US citizens or even temporary workers on an H1-B, E or L category visa can sponsor and invite parents, friends or relatives to visit America. A B2 visitor visa can be applied for by an individual in their home country, while submitting proof of sponsorship.

Is Sponsorship Useful?

While the visa authorities evaluate an applicant on the basis of their overall eligibility, having a qualified sponsor can increase the chances of getting a visa approved. This is because sponsorship reduces the chances of the applicant becoming a burden on the country due to lack of funds.

It also makes it easy to identify the connection or relationship of the applicant with a US resident. So, this helps to provide security validation as well. However, keep in mind that it does not guarantee a US tourist visa.

If you’re traveling in 2021, I recommend checking out the updated travel rules for USA.

How Can I Invite Someone to the US?

If you legally reside in the United States and wish to sponsor a trip for someone, you can do so by providing some necessary documents, such as:

  • Affidavit of Support Form I-534
  • A letter of invitation, stating your desire to bear the complete expenses of the trip, including providing accommodation
  • Other supporting documents that can prove your financial eligibility for sponsorship, such as bank statements and copies of pay stubs.

Is Sponsorship Mandatory for a US Visit Visa?

No, sponsorship isn’t mandatory to apply for a US visitor visa. All the applicants needs are sufficient proof that they can fund their expenses while in the US and intend to return to their home country before their visa expires.

Having lived in 3+ countries, worked for companies small and big in the USA, Middle East & India, I have a lot of experience to share about international travel, immigration and living as an NRI in the US. Add me on WhatsApp if you have any queries (+1-408-489-4785)