B1 B2 Visit Visa

Can You Apply for US Visit Visa Yourself?

Yes, you can apply for a B1/B2 visa yourself and the process isn’t as complex as you might imagine. The US visit visa application process can be completed online by following a few simple steps. Here’s what you need to do.

Fill & Submit the Electronic Application Form

DS-160 is the form you need to fill with your personal information, employment and educational background, passport information and details of your contact in the US. You will also need to answer the security questions given at the end of the form.

Tip: Don't Forget Travel Insurance
If you’re traveling this year, I recommend getting a good travel insurance plan, to get the right protection. Atlas America is a popular choice among recent travelers.  

Atlas America 100% Coverage, Comprehensive plan
Safe Travels USA 100% Coverage, Comprehensive plan
Patriot America Plus 100% Coverage, Comprehensive plan

Pay the Visa Application Fee

A visa fee of $160 needs to be paid next. This can be paid in the local currency of the country you are applying from. On successful payment, you will receive a confirmation receipt. This needs to be kept safely, since it will help you schedule your visa interview.

If you’re traveling in 2021, I recommend checking out the updated travel rules for USA.

Fix Your Interview Appointment at the Embassy

To do this, you will need important pieces of information. These include the receipt number on the confirmation receipt, your passport number and the 13-digit barcode on the DS-160 confirmation page.

Show Up on the Day of the Interview

Visit the US embassy on the set date and time and carry a 2×2 inch passport size photo (both printed and in digital form), all passports ever held, and a copy of your interview appointment letter.

Apart from this, there are supporting documents that you may need, such as tax receipts, letter from your employer, criminal record (if any) and identity and residence proofs.

In case your trip is sponsored by an individual or organization, proof of their financial stability will also be required.

Having lived in 3+ countries, worked for companies small and big in the USA, Middle East & India, I have a lot of experience to share about international travel, immigration and living as an NRI in the US. Add me on WhatsApp if you have any queries (+1-408-489-4785)