If you’re a permanent resident or citizen of the United States, you may be wondering if it’s possible to sponsor your parents to come and visit. The answer is yes! The process can be a little bit complicated, but this complete guide will walk you through everything you need to know.
In this article…
Applying for a Visit Visa for Parents
If you are interested in sponsoring your parents to come and visit the United States, you will need to get a tourist visa for your parents. This can be done by filling out an online form, which you can find on the U.S. State Department website.
After you submit your form, you will receive an email confirming that your application has been submitted.
A few weeks after your application has been submitted, you will receive a message on the email account you provided, notifying you that your application is under review.
You will also receive another email once your application has been processed.
Steps to sponsor your parents
The first step is to ensure that the parents meet the eligibility criteria for a visit visa.
The second step is to gather all the required documentation.
The third step is to submit the application form along with the required documentation.
The fourth step is to pay the visa fee.
The last step is to wait for the decision on the visa application.
Things to do before inviting parents to visit USA
There are a few things you should do before inviting your parents to visit the United States.
Once you have taken care of the practicalities, you should start planning what your parents will do while they are here.
If they are coming to visit you, make sure you have some activities planned that will show them around your city or town.
No matter what you do, make sure you spend quality time with your parents while they are visiting. They will appreciate the effort you put into making their visit enjoyable and memorable.
How to Bring My Mom to the USA to Visit
The process for bringing a foreign national to the United States for a visit typically includes applying for a tourist visa at a U.S. consulate or embassy abroad.
Once the visa is issued, the foreign national can then travel to a U.S. port of entry, where a Customs and Border Protection officer will inspect the traveler and their documents to ensure they are eligible to enter the United States.
Checklist for Parents Travelling from India to the USA
1. Passport – The passport should be valid for at least six months beyond your planned stay in the United States.
2. Visa – You will need a nonimmigrant visa to enter the United States.
3. Financial Documents – You must have enough money to support yourself and your family during your stay in the United States. Be able to show proof of funds, such as bank statements or traveler’s checks.
4. Ticket – You must have a return ticket to India or an onward ticket to another country.
5. Contact Information – You should have the name, address, and phone number of someone you can contact in the United States.
6. Itinerary – You should have a detailed itinerary of your trip, including where you will stay and what you will do while in the United States.