Can a Russian Woman Visit the USA
A study by George Washington University revealed that almost two-thirds of today’s travelers are women. Also, 80% of all trip-related decisions are taken by women, irrespective of their travel companions and destination.
If you too are a woman who like being at the helm of affairs during a foreign trip, you must stay updated with the various legal requirements for travel. One very important thing to know is the visa process for the country you wish to visit.
Are you worried that Russian women will be denied a tourist visa to the US? Let me tell you that there really isn’t any restrictions on Russians wanting to visit America, as long as you complete the visa application process correctly.
So, if you are a Russian woman looking to visit the US, here is the complete process for applying a tourist visa.
Requirements for a US Visit Visa
The US Immigration and Nationality Act assumes that every individual who applies for the US tourist visa (B1/B2), irrespective of their nationality, might intend to migrate to America. So, what the officials really want to know through your visa application is whether you will return to your home country before your visa expires.
To reassure the consular officer, you need to prove certain things, such as:
- You just want to visit the US for a specific period of time
- Your trip is focused on leisure, medical treatment or business
- You possess adequate funds and will be able to support yourself during your stay
- You have a permanent residence in Russia, along with other social or economic obligations, that will make you return to your home country.
How to Apply for the B1/B2 Visa
The B1/B2 visa application process is a rather detailed one and requires you to proceed with each step carefully.
Fill the DS-160 Electronic Visa Application Form with accurate information. This includes personal details, educational qualifications, employment details, passport number, in-depth travel plan, an invitation letter from your contact in the US and their personal details. Make sure the validity of your passport extends for 6 months beyond the duration of your trip.
Pay the visa fee of $160 in Rubles. After successful fee payment, a receipt number will be generated. Keep this number safe, since you will need it while fixing your visa interview appointment at the US Embassy in Russia.
Log in to the visa portal and enter the fee receipt number when required. Then, you can schedule your visa interview at any of the three US embassies in Russia, in Bolshoy Deviatinsky, Vladivostok or Yekaterinburg.
Go for your visa interview on the day of the appointment and take the necessary documents with you. You can find the list of visa interview documents on the US Department of State website.
What You Should Know if You’re Visiting for Medical Treatment
If you are visiting the US for medical treatment, some documents you should possess include:
- A valid diagnosis from your doctor, stating the nature of your ailment and the reason for seeking treatment in the US
- A letter from a medical practitioner in the US, agreeing to provide you the medical care. It should also state the estimated time for the treatment and the total cost.
- A formal statement from a person or organization that will bear your treatment costs and living expenses. Such persons should prove their financial stability through copies of tax returns or bank statements.
What travel insurance is best for US visitors?
Benefits: Excellent rating, More than one PPO Network, After deductible 100% covered, Acute onset of pre-existing conditions covered, Buy online, renew, or cancel anytime. Check it out.