Indian citizens can now travel to the U.S. after much anticipation. The U.S. Embassy in New Delhi announced that it will be ending the backlog of pending visa applications and inviting applicants with a scheduled appointment for their interview on or after July 1, 2018 to submit their applications as soon as possible so as to avoid delays in processing.
This is great news for the many Indian citizens who have been eagerly awaiting this decision from the U.S., but there are still restrictions on those who wish to travel to America under these new terms and those wishing to visit family, work or study in America will need a separate visa than those just travelling for tourism purposes.
The U.S Embassy in New Delhi announced on July 4 that it would be ending the backlog of pending visa applications and inviting applicants.
What documents do I need to apply for a US Visa?
1. A completed application form (Form DS-160)
3. A passport photo, which should be a 2”x2” size and taken against a white background on a digital camera or scanner
4. A copy of your roundtrip ticket
5. 4”x6” size photos taken on a digital camera or scanner
6. Proof of financial capability to cover your expenses while in the United States as well as return trip home
7. Proof of employment with an explanation if unemployed
How long does it take for an Indian citizen’s Visa Application to be processed?
The process for a visa application can vary from consulate to consulate.
In some cases, the visa application process may take only a few days. In other cases, there may be a long waiting time due to increased security or vetting procedures.
Many factors affect how long it will take for an Indian citizen’s visa application to be processed by the US consulate. These factors include:
-The type of visa being applied for
-What type of travel is being planned (tourist/business)
-The applicant’s nationality and country of residence
What are the advantages and disadvantages of travelling on a US Visa?
Advantages of travelling on a US Visa:
– Spending time in America
– Tourist activities
– Using US currency
– Staying for as long as the visa permits
Disadvantages of travelling on a US Visa:
– Cost of the visa fee, which is $140 per person
All the best.