Safe Travels USA
Best for Visitors
First Health Network
Rated “A – Excellent”
Full Refund on Cancel
Last Updated on June 9, 2022 by Mani Karthik
Yes, the Iraqi citizens do need a valid visa to visit America. The good news is that after the temporary ban on Iraqis visiting the US in 2017, now the process is back to the way it had always been, with Iraqi citizens needing to apply for a visa suited to their reason for visiting the USA.
Types of Visa to Enter the USA for Iraqi Citizens
Non-immigrant visas for Iraqi citizens falls into different categories based on the nature of your visit:
- B1/B2: If you are travelling to the US as a tourist, for medical treatment, visiting family or to participate in an event, you need apply for a B2 visa. The B1 visa is meant for business travel. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months with a B1/B2 visa.
- F-1/M-1: This is meant for those aspiring for higher education in the US. The M1 visa will allow you to visit America for vocational courses, although you cannot work while you study. The F-1 visa is meant for full-time course in the colleges, high schools and elementary schools. F1 allows a maximum of 5 years of stay in the US.
- H-2A/H-2B: You can travel under the temporary business and employment category by applying for an H-2A/H-2B and stay for a maximum time period of 3 years. However, your employer will have to obtain a labor certificate for the approval of your visit.
How to Apply for a US Visa for Iraqi Citizens
- The first step is to fill and submit the D-160 form.
- After this, make an online appointment for an interview in the US Embassy in Baghdad.
- Take a copy of the D-160 form and appointment conformation and submit the fee at the Bank of Baghdad.
- On the date of the visa interview, take the D-160, conformation page, photographs, visa fee receipt that you received from the Bank of Baghdad and your passport with you.
Related: How to apply for US Visit Visa. Please ask in comments if you have any questions.
Indian passport have iraqi stamp can they have any problem for renewing us visa?
Nothing that I can think of.
Hi I was wondering I’m from America and I want to invite a friend from Iraq to come and visit me in the USA what are the step I can do ?
Yes, he/she needs to apply for the B1/B2 visa.