Can I Visit Singapore with US Visa?
For me, Singapore possibly has some of the most confusing rules about who can enter the country without a visa. Having a valid US visa isn’t one of the criteria though. You might, however, be allowed to transit via Singapore’s Changi Airport, although you might not be allowed to leave the airport premises without the requisite documentations.
Here, I will try to explain as simply as I can about the visa requirements for Singapore.
Rules for Traveling to Singapore
The good news is that citizens of about 80% of the countries across the world are exempt from having to procure a visa to visit Singapore. You can check whether your country is one of them here. Citizens from the visa exempt nations can travel to and within Singapore from between 30 and 90 days, based on their nationality.
However, all visitors to the country should:
- Hold a travel document or passport that is valid for more than 6 months after their date of departure
- Hold a return ticket to their home country or an onward ticket
- Have proof of sufficient funds to sponsor their stay in Singapore
- Hold entry documents to their next destination, whether a visa or other documents
- Have a vaccination certificate yellow fever, if there is no visa and if the vaccination is applicable
Citizens who Need a Visa for Singapore
Singapore has divided the countries that are exempt from visa requirements into 2 categories:
Assessment Level 1: Citizens belonging to countries in this category may travel to Singapore for up to 30 days. They can also apply for an online visa, 30 days prior to their visit.
Assessment Level 2: Citizens of these countries can only apply for a visa through Singapore’s consulate or embassy in their country. The process takes about three days. Obtaining a visa in advance is compulsory for nationals of these countries.
What travel insurance is best for US visitors?
Benefits: Excellent rating, More than one PPO Network, After deductible 100% covered, Acute onset of pre-existing conditions covered, Buy online, renew, or cancel anytime. Check it out.