The UAE witnesses a huge influx of tourists each year, with about 1.6 million tourists from India visiting the country in 2017 alone, according to Gulf News. A large number of visa applicants usually delay the visa process. The good news is that now you can travel to the UAE with a valid US B1/B2 visa. You can also avail the visa on arrival facility that has been started by the UAE. However, there are certain points to be noted while entering the UAE on a US B1/B2 visa.
Points to Note for B1/B2 Visa Holders
- Your passport and the US visa should be valid for at least 6 months from your date of travel to the UAE.
- Having a US B1/B2 visa or a Green Card will make you eligible to get a visa upon arrival at airports in the UAE.
- The maximum stay with a US B1/B2 visa is 14 days, which can be extended to another 14 days only once. However, if you need to extend any further, then you will need to apply for a UAE visa with the local immigration officer.
- Once you have reached the immigration check post, you will have to pay around AED100 as fee. After submitting the fee, you will be able to get a stamp on your passport, allowing you entry into the country. This will serve as an entry ticket valid for 14 days.
- You can extend your stay for another 14 days by submitting AED250. However, this is a one-time facility.
Visiting the UAE has been simplified for US visa holders. However, you should keep a check on the validity of your passport or identity documents, and, of course, ensure you have the money to sponsor your stay.
If you have any questions, do drop in comments please. Thanks!