If you’re an Indian citizen looking to travel the world without having to apply for a visa, there are plenty of options available to you. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll go over all of the visa-free countries for Indian citizens, as well as what you need to know in order to visit them.
Why Do Indian Citizens Have Visa-Free Travel to Very Few Countries?
There are a number of reasons why Indian citizens have visa-free travel to very few countries. One reason is that India is not a member of the European Union or the Schengen Area. This means that Indian citizens need a visa to travel to most European countries. Another reason is that India is not a part of the Visa Waiver Program, which allows citizens of certain countries to travel to the United States without a visa. Finally, Indian citizens need a visa to travel to many countries in Africa and Asia.
What is eVisa?
An eVisa is an electronic visa that allows eligible citizens of certain countries to travel to and enter another country without having to apply for a traditional visa.
To get an eVisa, you must first complete an online application and then submit it, along with any required supporting documents, to the issuing authorities. Once your application is approved, you will receive an electronic visa that you can use to travel to and enter the country. eVisas are generally valid for a specific period of time and allow for multiple entries into the country.
Countries That Offer eVisa to Indian Citizens
Here are the countries where Indians can travel using an eVisa they can get prior to travel.
- Cote D’Ivoire
- Guinea Bissau
- Kyrgyzstan Republic
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Russian Federation
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and Grenadines
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
What is Visa on Arrival
Visa on arrival is a type of visa that allows you to enter a country without having to apply for a visa in advance. Instead, you can apply for a visa on arrival at the airport or other port of entry.
This type of visa is typically valid for a shorter period of time than a traditional visa, and may come with certain restrictions, such as not being able to work or study while in the country. Visa on arrival is available in a limited number of countries, and Indian citizens are eligible for visa on arrival in some of them.
Countries That Offer Visa on Arrival to Indian Citizens
The following countries offer a visa on arrival to Indian citizens:
- Cabo Verde
- Cameroon Union Republic
- Cook Islands
- Guinea Bissau
What is Visa-Free travel
Visa-free travel is when a country allows citizens of another country to enter without a visa. This means that Indian citizens can enter certain countries without having to apply for and obtain a visa in advance.
Visa-free travel can be either for a limited time, or it can be permanent. There are a number of countries that offer visa-free travel to Indian citizens, and this list is constantly changing.
Countries That Offer Visa-Free Travel for Indian Citizens
As of this year, here are the countries that offer visa-free travel for Indian passport holders.
- Hong Kong SAR
- Niue Island
- Saint Vincent & the Grenadines
- Trinidad & Tobago
Where Can Indians Go With a US Visa or Green Card?
There are many places that Indians can go with a US visa or green card. Some of the most popular destinations include the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. Other popular destinations for Indians with a US visa or green card include Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.
Documents Indian Passport Holders Should Carry
When traveling internationally, Indians have to carry their passport, visa, and tickets. They should also have some form of identification, such as a driver’s license. Travelers should also check with their airline to see if there are any other required documents.
- Valid passport (including old passports).
- eVisa if needed.
- Flight tickets including return journey.
- Optional Identification (Driver’s License).
- Proof of income (Latest bank statement).
- Proof of previous travel history.
- Local guardian’s reference & contact number.
Benefits of Visa-Free Travel for Indian Citizens
There are many benefits of visa-free travel for Indian citizens. One of the main benefits is that it saves time and money. Indian citizens do not need to apply for a visa when they travel to certain countries.
Another benefit of visa-free travel is that it allows Indian citizens to travel more easily. When Indian citizens do not need a visa, they can travel to more countries without having to worry about the visa application process. This can make travel plans more flexible and allow for last-minute travel.
Additionally, it can make it easier to travel with family and friends, as everyone will not need to apply for a visa.
Overall, visa-free travel offers many benefits for Indian citizens. It can save time and money, and it can make travel more flexible and easier.
How can Indians stay safe when traveling abroad visa-free to a new country?
When traveling to a new country, it is important to be aware of your surroundings and take precautions to stay safe. Here are some tips to help you stay safe when traveling abroad:
1. Do your research: Before traveling to a new country, research the local laws and customs so that you are aware of what is expected of you. This will help you avoid any potential problems.
2. Be aware of your surroundings: When you are in a new country, be aware of your surroundings and who is around you at all times. If you feel unsafe, leave the area and find a safe place.
3. Stay in touch with family and friends: Let your family and friends know where you are at all times. Keep them updated on your whereabouts and let them know if you plan to change locations.
4. Keep your belongings safe: When you are out and about in a new country, keep your belongings close to you and do not leave them unguarded in public areas.
5. Use common sense: If something doesn’t feel right, trust your instincts and remove yourself from the situation.
6. Stay in touch with Indian Embassy: It’s a good idea to let the Indian Embassy in the country you are visiting know that you are visiting the country.
By following these tips, you can help ensure a safe and enjoyable trip when traveling to a new country.
Reference: Ministry of External Affairs, India