A whopping 2,54,000 Indians visited Canada in 2017 alone, says Destination Canada. This was an 18% increase over 2016 and the strongest growth among all the Asia Pacific markets. In 2018, Indians set new monthly records for the previous 12 months in the form of 2,87,000 visitors to Canada. This clearly shows that Canada is one of the most popular tourist destinations for Indian travelers.
But before you start planning your trip, you first need to obtain a valid tourist visa, also known as a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). To help you take the first step in your trip to Canada, here is the complete application process for the TRV.
What are the Eligibility Criteria?
There are some conditions you need to fulfil to get a Canadian visitor visa:
- You must have a valid Indian passport
- You must be in a state of good health and not have any serious medical conditions
- There must be no immigration-related arrests or criminal convictions in your history
- You must be able to convince the immigration authorities that you will leave Canada before your visa expires
- You must also be able to explain that you have ties, such as a home, job or family in India that will motivate you to return.
How to Apply for a Canada Visit Visa?
- No need to pay courier fees
- The application is received by the visa department instantly
- Better chances of quick application processing
- Remain updated on your application status via your online account
Step 1: Collect the Required Documents
Firstly, you need to make sure that you have all the necessary documents with you:
- In the case of paper-based application, you need to have two passport-sized photographs that adhere to the Canadian visa photo specifications.
- In case of online applications, you need to upload your biometric data, such as fingerprints and photo, but only after receiving a letter asking for them.
- A photocopy of your return ticket and detailed travel plans.
- Proof of financial support during your stay.
- A valid passport with at least 2 blank pages.
Step 2: Fill the Application Form
There are 3 mandatory forms and some other forms that need to be filled according to applicability. The one that applies to all tourist visa applicants are:
- Application for Temporary Resident Visa or the IMM 5257
- Family Information Form or the IMM 5707
- The Document Checklist or IMM 5484
Make sure to fill in accurate information in the various forms. If a particular data field is not applicable to you, write NA next to it. For more information, visit the Canada Visa Application Center website.
Step 3: Pay the Application Fees and Submit Form
The fees you are required to pay may change depending upon the type of visa you apply for. For a paper-based application, the fee for a single person, single or multiple entry visas is C$100.
Online applicants need to pay an additional biometric fee of C$85, apart from the normal fees. All these fees are non-refundable. Thereafter, you need to submit the application form, along with the completed document checklist to a VAC (offline application center) or upload them online.
If your application is selected upon review, you will be informed about the date and time of the visa interview. If the application is rejected, your submitted documents will be returned, along with the reason for refusal.
What travel insurance is best for US visitors?
Benefits: Excellent rating, More than one PPO Network, After deductible 100% covered, Acute onset of pre-existing conditions covered, Buy online, renew, or cancel anytime. Check it out.
Recommended Travel Insurance