Visitor Visa to USA from Philippines – Full Process
Did you know people from the Philippines like the US much more than even the Americans do? Yes, you read right! This was unveiled by a Pew Research survey conducted in 2013. Although the parameter related to confidence in the US President has taken a hit, as per the 2019 survey, the view of the country remains largely favourable.
No wonder then that thousands of Filipinos travel to the US every month. If you too are excited about visiting America, here’s the complete visitor visa process.
Complete the DS-160 Form
DS-160 is the Non-Immigrant Visa Electronic Application form that you need to fill in first. Some of the details you’ll need to furnish are:
- Personal information, telephone number and address
- Details of your passport
- Details regarding your US travel, such as travel itinerary, travel companions, contact in the US, etc.
- Your employment details and educational background
Apart from this, there will be 5 pages with security questions. Click here to access the DS-160 form.
|Atlas America 100% Coverage, Comprehensive plan|
|Safe Travels USA 100% Coverage, Comprehensive plan|
|Patriot America Plus 100% Coverage, Comprehensive plan|
Pay the Application Fee
The fee for the DS-160 form is $160. This can be paid in different ways, depending on your convenience.
- Pay through BPI online if you are a BPI customer
- Pay through Bancnet online
- As cash at BPI branches in the Philippines
In case you wish to pay online, a unique receipt number needs to be generated. Here are the instructions on how to set up online payment.
After the receipt number is generated, enter this while making the payment. Keep this number safe, as it will also help you to book the visa appointment. On successful payment, you will receive a payment receipt. To avoid any hassles of repayment, keep this receipt safe as well.
Schedule Your Visa Appointment
To do this, you must first create your profile on the US Visa website. You will need the following details to schedule your appointment:
- Passport number
- The barcode number from the DS-160 confirmation page
- MRV (Machine Readable Visa) fee payment receipt number
Visit the US Embassy
Remember that the Philippines does not work like countries such as India and Japan which exempt senior citizens and small children from attending the interview. In the Philippines, it is mandatory for everyone to show up for the scheduled appointment at the embassy.
Here are some documents you will need to bring along:
- Hard copy of the DS-160 confirmation page
- Hard copy of the appointment letter
- Your current Philippines passport along with all other passports that you hold
- One recent 2×2 passport-sized photograph (both digital and printed)
- DS-160 fee payment receipt
- Supporting documents such as proof of financial affordability and intent to return to the Philippines
Make sure you seem confident when answering questions during your visa interview. Be very clear of the purpose of the visit, as this is considered as crucial. Any type of misconduct or discrepancy in the information provided may lead to a rejection of your visa application. So, it’s better to prepare well before the interview with some sample visa interview questions.